I’ve been wanting to learn to make homemade granola bars for a while now. They are the easiest thing to grab while you are running out the door but I figured they must have a lot of steps and ingredients. When I was given this recipe from the family I nanny for I figured okay, maybe I can try this. But then when the 12-year-old whipped this out in about 20 minutes I figured this is something I have to try! Enjoy this simple and easy recipe.
2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup sliced almonds
½ cup wheat germ
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
2/3 cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
½ cup dates, chopped and pitted
½ cup raisins
½ cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰. Butter baking dish and line with Parchment Paper.
2. Cover Paper with almonds and oatmeal and bake 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer mixture into large mixing bowl and add wheat germ.
4. Reduce heat to 300⁰.
5. Place butter, honey, sugar, vanilla and salt into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
6. Pour over oatmeal mixture and stir together. Stir in fruits.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes.
8. Let cool 2-3 hours before serving at room temperature.