The end of the year is crazy for me at work. Lots of long hours and events, and I generally don’t feel like cooking big dinners once I get home. Because of my big Trader Joe’s haul a few weeks ago, I am fully stocked up on the fall flavors TJ’s have to offer. Last week I cooked up a simple six ingredient meal that had me wanting more. I discovered this Gilbert’s Bourbon Apple chicken sausage, added some gemelli pasta, and Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce and there you had it.
2 Gilbert’s Bourbon Apple chicken sausages
½ shallot, chopped
½ lb Barilla Gemelli
1 cup Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce
¼ cup half & half
½ bag spinach
- Boil pasta to the directions on the box.
- Sauté shallots in oil and add chicken sausage on medium high until browned.
- Once browned add pasta sauce and half &half. Lower heat to medium low and allow to simmer 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and fold into sauce. Allow to wilt down.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Fold together and serve.