Who is exhausted after all of that Black Friday shopping?!? I know I am after working both Thanksgiving night & last night. Let me tell you, people are crazy if they are getting a good deal!! I was at my store until 3am on Friday morning & then had to be back again at 3pm on Friday night to close down shop. The entire time it was pure craziness!!
Today, since we spent Thanksgiving Day with Chris’s dad’s side of the family, we are spending the day in L.A. with his mom’s side having a little late Turkey Day. Chris is already up there since they have a tradition of shopping Thursday night into Friday morning each year. To start my morning I am whipping up my favorite breakfast before I hit the road & meet up with everyone.
Country Potatoes and Chorizo Scramble.
The perfect combination of delicious crispy potatoes, and sweet peppers, with spicy Mexican pork chorizo; it is my favorite start to my morning, and has tons of protein, carbs & veggies to keep me going all day. Today I feel like we probably won’t be eating until later on in the evening so I need to be able to keep cooking all day.
I hope everyone has something to keep them going after a big day of shopping.
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 red potatoes
1 gold potato
½ cup diced onion
4 small sweet peppers
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 ½ tsp salt
2 egg whites
Splash of milk
1 oz chorizo
1. Crack eggs and egg whites into bowl. Add a splash of milk and salt and pepper. Whisk with fork and set aside.
2. Clean and dice potatoes, peppers and onion. Add butter to a pan and keep temperature on medium. Add potatoes to pan and cook on medium, covered, for 5-10 minutes. Just until potatoes are tender with a fork. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Remove cover and add onions and peppers to pan stirring regularly. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
4. Push veggies to the outside boarder of the pan and add chorizo to the middle. Chop just like you would with any ground meat. Allow to cook 3-5 minutes, until meat looks cooked throughout.
5. Push meat to outer edge of pan with the vegetables and add eggs to the center of the pan. Allow to cook and once bottom layer seems cooked, mix chorizo and veggies together with eggs.
6. Plate and enjoy. Serves 2.